Music Banter - View Single Post - no limit appreciation thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
When crime was really peaking out and NY had 7 murders a day on average and Times Square was filthy and NY was filled with razor wire all over half of Brooklyn and the Bronx it still wasn’t the same kind of horror navigating other high crime cities was. For one, nobody really REALLY stands out anywhere in NYC. It’s always been crawling with weirdos being somewhere they really don’t need to be. But in Atlanta, having to walk through bad areas, and not just for the sore thumb looking dumbass white kid, but for anyone, it’s so ****ing desolate - it feels like having a gun pointed at you all the ****ing time, or at least it used to, and then to imagine LA back then - where **** was so brutally territorial- I can’t even imagine. I’m still convinced that psychopaths came from all over America just to kill some random person in LA as a type of tourism because the police didn’t even bother trying to solve murders back then.

And don’t even get me started on the missing and murdered children **** that was going on when I was growing up in Atlanta. That was psychopathic white power police **** for sure. Call me MERIT all you want but that **** was such a ****ing coverup and the Atlanta PD was ****ing insane back then.
I dunno... When it was 2000 murders a year in ny I'd say that is comparable to modern day chicago. Yeah it's a big city but those murders are mostly concentrated in certain neighborhoods.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote