Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Good News" Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Sorry it’s not more convenient but

https://www.sciencefriday.com/science-friday-podcasts/

They ran 4 roughly one hour segments on the vaccine and they’re very educational.

I’ll admit timelines and science aren’t always friends but one thing that is indisputable is that they learned all kinds of extremely useful stuff.

And we have a vaccine.

Sorry about your friend.

Cancer treatment advances have to be expressed cautiously not to provide false hope. While trying to stick with your positive guidelines it’s not likely going to be applicable for people who already have cancer as far as I understand it.
I'll have to sift through that when I get a minute.

She pulled through, but her sister didn't. This was a few years back too, so the advances I've been seeing/hearing about since have gotten better, but still very much walk the fine line between eradicating the cancerous cells and destroying the patient. Besides the chemo, my friend was taking some medication that also gave her gout and basically made her immobile. It would take her 20 minutes just to get in the car to go to chemo, and the doctor said she'd be on that for the rest of her life. One day, she decided "**** it", she wasn't gonna take it anymore. That was probably the best decision she ever made. The gout cleared up, she got a clean bill of health, and now that part of her life is just a memory. The claim that these new discoveries will make those treatments seem medieval doesn't exactly seem like it's being expressed cautiously. lol