Music Banter - View Single Post - Later with Jools Holland. And Trollheart
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Later with Jools Holland. And Trollheart

Trollheart presents...

For those of you who aren’t aware, Later… with Jools Holland is a music programme that has been running on the BBC since 1992, in which bandleader Jools Holland invites an eclectic mix of musical guests onto his show where they play and chat a little. In this journal I’m going to be looking at selected episodes, talking about and exploring every artist he features. Some - most, probably - will be unknown to me (but may not be to you) and in those cases I’ll be sketching a profile of them and featuring some of their music, as well as giving you the skinny on whether or not they impressed me. At worst, as is the nature with Later…, there should be something here for everybody, one way or another.

Episodes are not the easiest to come by. Even the BBC iPlayer doesn't hold them. So I've gathered together what I can and soon I'll be watching them, then going artist-by-artist on each episode, exploring each as I go. Yes this will take time but what else are you going to be doing? Oh yeah? Really? Well, someone will want to read this. Maybe...

Like I say though, worth checking in now and then, as Jools has everything from jazz to nu-soul and heavy metal to ambient on his show, so you're going to read about a whole shedload of different music here. It's going to be an interesting education for ol' TH too, I can tell you.

Back with the first feature soon.

Later(s)...