Music Banter - View Single Post - Psytrance Supernova
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Key

There are countless genres that I could have decided to focus on for a journal, but this one in particular has certainly stood the test of time for me, and simultaneously has the added effect of still being able to sort of...blow my mind, in a way. There are things about the genre that are used throughout many tracks and a lot of artists do go for the same thing. But the deeper you dig into those artists and tracks, you find some personality that you'd only find with those particular artists.

One in particular has captivated me to a point where I will listen to this one track over and over and over again. It's one of those tracks where the intro, the melodies, and emotion throughout hit me on the inside. I tend to get pretty emotional with music in general, more so because of the way it hits, but when a song really hits, it hits hard:

Spoiler for youtube:

The song title "You and I" gives off the sense of togetherness, but then near the end, you feel a strong sense of loneliness and separation. It all flows so smoothly to create one phenomenal track. Just on it's own, it's fantastic. But as a psytrance track, it's just so so so much better. It puts my imagination in a strange yet fascinating place.

This song gets a repeat after repeat after repeat. It's definitely in my top 3 favorite tracks right now.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote