Music Banter - View Single Post - Intro
Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic Revolution View Post
Heya,

I'm an Australian residing in the east. Sing, play guitar, and a little bit of the others.

Newer stuff I like: Vulpeck, Lake Street Dive, Black Pumas. Your recommendations are welcome. Your originals are also welcome. I'll check em' out.
Welcome to Music Banter,

I haven't heard of any of those bands, so I checked out them out on YT. I don't think I could get into Vulfpeck cause of the mandolin guy's hipster antics on stage. It was unusual seeing a saxophonist and mandolin going toe to toe on stage. It was kinda like it's dueling banjos except it was sax & mandolin.

imho A good saxophone player is Shabaka Hutchings from The Comet Is Coming. An awesome mandolin player is David Grisman. (If you haven't already) check out the seminal 1976 album The David Grisman Sextet. I like a few artist on Stax. When it comes to R&B and Blues, I'm more of a Country Blues fan e.g. Mississippi John Hurt and Blind Willie McTell.

The sort of bands from Australia I like are The Church, Bat Nouveau, and The Stroppies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
...and how do you feel about remixed Sea Shanty's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auI9Cx8SGX4

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote