Music Banter - View Single Post - Intro
Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 03:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Psychedelic Revolution
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Welcome to Music Banter,

I haven't heard of any of those bands, so I checked out them out on YT. I don't think I could get into Vulfpeck cause of the mandolin guy's hipster antics on stage. It was unusual seeing a saxophonist and mandolin going toe to toe on stage. It was kinda like it's dueling banjos except it was sax & mandolin.

imho A good saxophone player is Shabaka Hutchings from The Comet Is Coming. An awesome mandolin player is David Grisman. (If you haven't already) check out the seminal 1976 album The David Grisman Sextet. I like a few artist on Stax. When it comes to R&B and Blues, I'm more of a Country Blues fan e.g. Mississippi John Hurt and Blind Willie McTell.

The sort of bands from Australia I like are The Church, Bat Nouveau, and The Stroppies.

I shall have to check out Shabaka Hutchings and The David Grisman Sextet. Dislike country unless it's Cash or Denver or a few Hank Williams III songs but I don't mind fusing the two. The Church I like ('The Unguarded Moment'). Remember an older Australian I knew haaated the Church. He was more into Midnight Oil (who I also like). Lemme get back to ya on that.
Psychedelic Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote