Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome to Trollheart's Fortress of Prog!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 02:11 PM   #112 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Call me a heretic, say I’m not a true prog head. Burn my effigy in the town square - hey! I said my effigy! I’m just never going to get it. It’s not that I consider this a bad album, but I don’t see the fuss. I just don’t. The greatest prog album of all time? Why is this better than, say, Trespass? Or 2112? Or even In the Court of the Crimson King? Sure, it has two suites but so what? Lots of prog albums have those - Yes may have been the first to do this, although I doubt it. But it’s a competent album, in my opinion, and not one I’d be spinning much if at all.

As Homer said about the Farside calendar: I don’t get it. I don’t get it. I don’t get it. I…. don’t get it.

Not close enough to the edge for me I guess.
There's a lot of deep analysis and material out there already that break down why Close To The Edge is highly regarded, so if you ever want to go learn more about "why" then you shouldn't have much trouble. None of the other prog bands (or otherwise) sounded like what Yes were doing in '72, so it isn't hard for me to see why it made a big impression personally.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote