Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 07:04 PM   #22444 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
I still think she's an annoying little **** with this boomer ass take.

'"Today’s music that is being released is not music. It’s not true music,” she complains. “There’s no instruments that are being played in it. People have phenomenal vocals, but it’s not true music. Music back in the Eighties, Seventies, and Nineties, they didn’t have the technology, so they had to do real music. And they were musicians. They were incredible."'

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...empire-849071/
Eh, she's not wrong in a sense. Toto emerged in L.A. in the late 70's and they are arguably the best session musicians of all time, along with guys like JR Robinson and Neil Stubenhaus. A lot of mainstream pop and R&B back then had some of the best players on Earth at one point who all contributed to the writing process. That's not as common today cause so many labels like to cut costs and technology is so different today compared to the recording process in the late analog / early digital years. Why pay Steve Lukather or Mike Landau for those sweet riffs when you can just emulate that **** in some DAW.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote