Music Banter - View Single Post - Planktons - What The Hell Am I Listening To?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #98 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Remembering Lloyd, Part 1:

It was around the turn of the century and Lloyd had a big problem. It was a land problem. The ******* (his words) who had purchased the lot next door had built up the soil so much that it turned his large back yard into a small pond. Lloyd pondered this for a few weeks, and finally came up with a plan. Being that he was in the heavy equipment union Local 150 and just happened to know quite a few people with dump trucks, he bought 75 loads of dirt and made a small mountain that divided his property and the new ******* neighbors. I happened to learn about this one day when I went over to jam and he was in a small Bobcat, pushing the dirt as close to the *******s property as he could, all while yelling expletives and laughing hysterically. Truck after truck rolled in and the mountain got bigger and bigger, and he actually made a small indentation at the top of it and created a small waterfall that would trickle down into the *******s property, which all but destroyed the foundations they were pouring for some multi-family ranch style townhomes that were about to be built. This huge mound of dirt would later be dubbed "Mt. Lloyd" and would live on in the folklore of our small little community of friends. The ******* who owned the other property had to get the village involved, but there was nothing they could do since his plot sat on unincorporated land and was grandfathered into quite a few clauses and bylaws. ******* had to spend quite a few thousand more to "Properly" redirect the drainage and Lloyd never once heard from him again. It was a beautiful sight to behold my friends. A beautiful sight.