Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 11:12 AM   #3691 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Don't play the misunderstood victim, I agree with this and I'd be surprised if anyone doesn't. With this virus, like with so many things, rich people are much less at risk. It's only fair to give the vaccine to vulnerable people first, and apart from age and medical conditions etc. that's poor people, so they should have priority over rich people. Unless there would be a reason that makes black or white people more vulnerable there is no reason to distinguish between skin colour.
ok cool

I think the Times is kind of misrepresenting how the healthcare workers feel though.

I get that the workers only see black faces for years then when they get the vaccine there’s a million honkeys in there race is an easy way to break it down

but every time I say it’s money not race I get called a class reductionist so me expecting pushback on this isn’t unreasonable

the way the Times writes that you’d think the nurses are Nation of Islam segregationists or something

They don’t care if you’re white. They care that you’re not from the community.

I can’t speak for all of them but I never felt unwelcome as the only white or almost the only white face in a clinic

Honestly it’s more likely that black healthcare workers will bend over backwards to make sure you’re comfortable

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote