Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 09:33 AM   #2148 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Whether my analogy is a pure equivalence or not is irrelevant. They can’t be put up in a hotel and fed good food while the government uses missing persons resources to reunite their families? It is 100% is exactly that simply.
Well, it's a nice idea. There are details about funding, security, documentation to be sorted out, but yeah, especially with those under-aged kids orphaned by the Trump admin, an immediate improvement of circs would be the humane thing to do.

Quote:
We live on stolen land...
This is probably true of most countries of the world, though especially true, or evident, for N and S America of course. But if you dip into history, every country has a history of invasion and conquest, doesn't it? I don't know how much Celtic DNA I have, but I imagine I also have Roman, Saxon, Anglo, Norman - all invaders in their day. Please don't tell me I was living on stolen land too.

Thanks for cutting me some slack on the racism issue, OH.
In a similar way, this isn't directed at you, but is a genuine open question about migration:-

Quote:
Open the borders
Nobody illegal
Sanctuary everywhere
If we subscribe to this noble ideal, how can we morally justify having a fence round our house and a front door?