Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #2150 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Personal space shouldn’t be confused with private property. And personal property as opposed to private property shouldn’t be confused with public property. A basic rule of thumb is do you live in a way that would be impossible for the entire world to live - in this case in terms of personal space you claim as your own.

I personally do not. I do not claim or use more housing than is reasonable. There’s easily enough housing in America to shelter every person at the extent to which I have. That’s a fair benchmark.

Living in a McMansion with rooms you don’t use is immoral. “Owning” property where don’t even live is extremely immoral.

A private room. A shared kitchen. A toilet and shower for every five people or so. That’s reasonable. Beyond that is space hoarding.
I see you went and got yourself banned. Here's some homework for you as I just saw this convo and feel like responding even through you're banned for 24 hrs.

Do you think we could use the resources we have now to have all 7 billion people in the world live comfortably by american standards in a basic apartment?

You might not be factoring in that you take things like clean running water, electricity and properly constructed housing for granted. Where as vast bulks of the globe live in shanty towns where none of this applies., To them you're part of the 1%.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote