Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #22603 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That's dumb as ****. Stop making up fake scenarios to justify siding with some old bitch.
I'm not making anything up. In Nazi Germany you had to be a party member or you were an enemy of the state. It didn't take much to land you on a train headed for Auschwitz, so don't tell me there weren't those who fell in with what was needed because they had to, because they had no choice. Of course there were many who did it because it suited them, they hated Jews, they profited from it or for a thousand other reasons, but I guarantee you there were people who just did it because they had to.

I repeat, it's very easy to moralise and sermonise about how they shouldn't have knuckled under, should have stood up when you weren't there. I'm not saying this woman was in that position, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and saying you can't just lump every German who worked in that system together.

But I'm not going to keep arguing it with you. Hawk at least has some sense of where I'm at, you just seem to be a step away from calling me a Nazi-lover, so we'll just leave it at that.