Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #3722 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Well. These days whatever you believe you can find a scientist with a peer reviewed study to back you up and “consensus” has also been deeply politicized. Hopefully, in America, our current government can rebuild faith in institutions where a typical person can be like ok this is the legit consensus of the scientific community based on what they know at this point. It doesn’t mean like the CDC says it so it’s closed. Science always has to challenge the prevailing ideas to progress. But people still need a legit trusted authority for simple **** like fluoride or how often you should eat eggs what supplements are safe how dangerous is herpes or whatever it is. Right now imo Americans don’t have that. When I was a kid there was corruption but it wasn’t like the complete decay we have now. Right now we’re ****ing lost.
Of course it gets politicized, but I'm not sure about the total lack of concensus. There seems to be a pretty strong concensus among scientists on many things, like global warming, evolution theory, quantum mechanics, whatever some crackpots may be saying.
There is the problem with people finding random statistics to back up their arguments, usually doing things like interpreting statistical evidence as causal evidence. You're probably also right about the lack of a clear scientific authority, and it doesn't help that facts get drowned out by misinformation. I guess I'm just trying to say that you shouldn't give up hope for science, although I don't think that's what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote