Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 02:40 PM   #2626 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

To be brief...

My GF's cousin is in full scale manic episode to blow all other episodes out of the water. Luckily this isn't involving us directly. It's more like watching an out of control freight train and not being able to stop it. We decided to stay out of contact with him because he's so far gone. He lives with his aunt, not his mother, and our advice to the woman is falling on deaf ears. She is completely enabling him, most likely out of fear, which has now caused her almost $20,000 in the form of credit card debt and paying for air travel and hotel stays. He recently went to Tampa for the Superbowl...literally the day before...and stayed in what looked like a very swanky hotel. He has no money. This is funded by her.

His wife has been separated for about two years now and has finally gotten a court order to keep the kids under supervision in the future if he comes out of this. I honestly don't disagree with it. This one is bad.

Worst part is he's a very good guy when he's stable. He's a completely different person right now and that person is terrible and unhinged.

The cops have been called three times but haven't been able to take custody of him because he hasn't broken any laws and isn't violent. I understand that it's a weird line as far as taking custody of a person when they're just mentally ill but his being off the leash and free to roam is going to end up disastrous.

Not fun to watch.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote