Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 10:01 PM   #73988 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanks everyone for the support.
Here's the update. Spoiler: it isn't necessarily bad news.

The operation wasn't done on his teeth because the vet noticed some growths on his front legs. He thinks these could very well be cancerous. This isn't terribly surprising, giving Eddie's age and his general state of health. However, he's now reluctant for Eddie to go under the gas, survive (hopefully) and then come home and be in the same state as he was before. If the reason he's not eating is because of the pain in his legs, we're onto another thing.

I'm told he's eating very well - first to the front of the cage when it's feeding time - and responding to the treatment they're giving him. Ciaran, his vet, says that he's a different cat down there to the one I was describing, but that this can happen when they go to the vet, something to do with a sudden rush of adrenaline. Certainly sounds like he's doing much better.

So the plan is to keep him over the weekend then on Monday they're going to give him a mild sedative (which I guess is something he can cope more with, or they believe he can) to take biopsies and see what the deal is with his legs. Ciaran reckons Eddie's pain can be managed through anti-inflammatories and painkillers if what he suspects is the case turns out to be true.

He has said that these will put a strain on Eddie's kidneys, so the mantra seems to be to give him "a shorter life but one of better quality". He is old, so I don't realistically see him lasting to Christmas, likely not even into summer, though hopefully I may be wrong. But if he can live out his remaining time in relative comfort, then we would certainly be all for that.

So, : Eddie still alive and due to undergo more tests on Monday. Eating like a horse, so that's good, and in good spirits generally.

Thanks again: I'll keep you all updated on any further developments. Your support is very much appreciated and I love you all.

Except that guy.
honestly it would be a mercy kill at this point
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote