Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #236 (permalink)
franscar
Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Franscar, I know what it would be, nor do I want to live in one. But it's amazing how easily it could be done by a President, and how based on trust it hasn't happened in 150+ years.
You seem to be forgetting that the US armed forces happen to be the single most incompetent set of military personnel in the developed world though dude. American soldiers have been responsible for killing more British troops since the end of World War 2 than all of our enemies PUT TOGETHER. This is why I hate the idea of Britain acting like the US' personal bitch, because there is a large proportion of American soldiers who haven't the faintest idea what they are doing. They wouldn't be capable of organising a military coup, or indeed a democratic government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
we try to appease people like you who would cry their eyes out if "innocent" Iraqis were killed. The same "innocent" Iraqis that are using car bombs every day to attack our troops.
That's an incredibly naive view. Are you saying that all, or even the majority of Iraqi's that have been killed by US troops have been potential car bombers, kidnappers or murderers? There is no reason why a single Iraqi civilian should have been killed by an American gun in the past 12 months, because America hasn't been at war. Apparently.
franscar is offline   Reply With Quote