Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #237 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Hello, I'm so happy to be back again, I had (and still have) tons of exams during these weeks, but I've been listening to many of the suggestions you made, I'm gonna list some of them, and just say if I liked them or not, and my favourite track of each album:
Odessey And Oracle: Masterpiece. this was probably my favourite one. I've been listening to it oftenly. Favourite track: Time Of The Season
Harvest: Another masterpiece. Didn't enjoy it as much as Odessey And Oracle, but I love it. Favourite track: Heart Of Gold.
Here Are The Sonics: I honestly didn't expect to like it. The first time I was surprised, but I decided to listen to it more times. I still think it's a bit...strange. But I like it! Favourite track: Not really sure, but The Witch, because Roll Over Beethoven is a cover, so it doesn't really count.
Are You Expereinced-It was as great as I expected it to be. Favourite track: Do I really have to choose? I mean, Hey Joe, The Wind Cries Mary, Purple Haze, Manic Depression, Fire, Foxey Lady (now I like that song, but before I didn't)!!!! It's imposible to choose!!
Electric Ladyland-I honestly prefer Are You Experienced, but I like this one, too. Favourite track: I used to prefer Voodoo Child (Slight Return) instead of All Along The Watchtower because it sort of had more energy, but I think now I enjoy more listening to All Along The Watchtower.
Axis: Bold As Love-Well, this is the one I like the least by The Jimi Hendrix Experience (but it still is great). Favourite track: Little Wing
Now, some songs by bands you suggested. I've really enjoyed listening to: Traffic, J. J. Cale, Moby Grape, The Moody Blues, The Turtles, Marillion and T-Rex.
P.S. Now you're gonna kill me for this, but after listening to all this stuff I still think:
Eric Clapton>Jimi Hendrix
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote