Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:34 AM   #24454 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

jwb's description of the average life is true though, and I think it's one of the most profound human problems. I don't think it's entirely fair to say people expect to be happy: it's just that in modern times people actually have come to a point where they question their existence to an extent that they ask themselves if their life is worth living without more happiness and fulfillment. And the answer is often depressingly close to 'no'.

I also think it doesn't help that modern society claims to be egalitarian to keep poor people at peace, without actually being so. Throughout history, class distinction was much more obvious and rigid, so if some aristocrat had a better life people were like 'yea that's how it is', but if there's this claim that everyone is equal while some people have a much better life, you'll ask yourself 'why not me?'.

I do think it's sensible to try to seek fulfillment in the small things in life, coping with reality isn't necessarily resigning to it. I really don't think jwb was trying to defend this reality, just doubting whether we can ever give the average person the fulfilling life they'd like. Which I agree with, even though I think we should try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote