Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #24460 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The point is that if generations hadn't built the capitalist apparatus you use to benefit yourself you'd have nothing. You use the labor of others and pretend it is your own so that you can claim glory entirely for yourself even though you are just like anyone else who uses the work of your fellow man to lift yourself alongside each other but in a system that tells you to pretend otherwise and steal credit.
And? That's how foundations and legacies work. You try to do something in the hopes that someone ahead of you doesn't necessarily have to step into every pothole you did.

I dunno why you and others constantly try to make this some kind of moral issue when it's just human life in a nutshell - everyone takes advantage of whatever good someone else established at a previous point in time, whether that's a technological innovation or anything else you take for granted. None of us start from zero or in a vacuum. I've never taken credit for the work that others around me have done. If I make a sale, I get credit for making that sale happen because I'm the one who prospected the opportunity, brought the conversation to a certain point and then established the terms and conditions to move ahead on whatever the deliverable is. I didn't make some lackey do that work for me.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote