Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #24482 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
That's because they don't have an argument. They hate capitalism cause it means they have to work and they aren't creative enough to figure out how to work the system in their favor. It has nothing to do with the macro-morality of whether or not more people are starving or being exploited. If they gave a **** about exploitation, they would be agreeing with my solutions. You can't have exploitation when you replace the need to exploit people with intelligent tools who are a million times more efficient.
i hate capitalism as well though. I just also acknowledge it's utility. Both I think that can only ever be a benefit as a temporary stepping stone, not the end of history. I think you go to the other extreme of being pro capitalism just because there is some utility to it. The was utility to the fuedal system as well. Like elph would say at some point yesterday's innovation becomes today's status quo and at that point if you don't challenge it's deficiencies in order to replace it with something better than your original innovation was for nothing.

Quote:
Also, the point about there being more people today because the world before couldn't handle billions is a good one, but it's less of a byproduct of industrialization and more about the fact that the average life expectancy for people has jumped wayyyyyyyyyyy up due to advances in the medical world over the last century or two.
I could be wrong but I think that impacts first world populations more than the global south. The increase in life expectancy is largely down to a decrease in infant mortality. But are the billions of people in the slums of Asia and Africa recurving much if any medical care at all?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote