Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 04:15 PM   #24483 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
i hate capitalism as well though. I just also acknowledge it's utility. Both I think that can only ever be a benefit as a temporary stepping stone, not the end of history. I think you go to the other extreme of being pro capitalism just because there is some utility to it. The was utility to the fuedal system as well. Like elph would say at some point yesterday's innovation becomes today's status quo and at that point if you don't challenge it's deficiencies in order to replace it with something better than your original innovation was for nothing.
I don't fundamentally disagree here at all. That's why I think to fix humanity in a socioeconomic / macro sense, you can break it down in two tiers:

Shorter-term: Higher taxes on the top 1%, better healthcare / education, investment in infrastructure

Longer-term: Fix scarcity, implement labor automation via AI / robot work force, deal with existential / "spiritual-centric" issues, embrace biotech

Capitalism only exists now because you have these longer-term issues that need to be solved. Dealing with scarcity and labor would eliminate corporatism and would cause capitalism to be either dialed way back or it would no longer have any utility value as a means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I could be wrong but I think that impacts first world populations more than the global south. The increase in life expectancy is largely down to a decrease in infant mortality. But are the billions of people in the slums of Asia and Africa receiving much if any medical care at all?
Probably not. Would you say that the decrease in infant mortality is the reason why those populations are so much larger in 2021 than ever before?

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 02-21-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote