Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 02:52 AM   #1974 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Wasn't my point to say kids are slacking off and should just get a job etc. I just think it could be a benefit for some kids.

I know I wanted money when I was in middle school. My family didn't have much money. I couldn't just go to my parents and say I want this I want that.

As for working 50-60 years... That would mean you start at age 16 and work till you're 76/86???? The current default retirement age is like 65. If you ask me I would rather start work when I'm 12 and retire when I'm 40.
What?? Bro your math is a bit off. It would mean you start working at 18 and work until you're 68 (retirement age in most of Europe), you work 50 years (some people work past that, sometimes out of necessity because they don't have good retirement schemes, like in most of the world).

Also, the obvious point is that kids are kids and the legislation aimed at preventing child labour was meant to stop douchebag parents from exploiting their offspring, not to stop kids who want to work to work (don't think there are many of those).

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote