Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #315 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Has Norg introduced Eleanor to Korn yet?
Hey! Stop trying to corrupt the kid! She's too young to be watching -- oh, you said KORN! Well now, that's, um, almost as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby 14 View Post
Ahhh, I remember when I secretely downloaded songs for the first time in my life and sent them to an empty CD while I was home alone.
3 songs: Eye In The Sky, Old And Wise and Don't Answer Me.
I know maaany songs from The Alan Parsons Project, but I've never listeded to any of their albums. Idk why, I used to love that band a lot, but I've been 2 years without goin' back to their songs, don't really know the reason.
And I just listened to the songs you posted and...this reminds me I have to go back to them. I know I first said that the first bands I was really into were The Beatles, Deep Purple, ABBA or Queen, but to be honest everything began thanks to Eye In The Sky when I was about 9...Perhaps I'm starting to get a bit sentimental...So let's go back to the main topic.
I've never heard of Ambrosia before, so that's a good rec.
P.S. Thanks Trollheart for all the ELO songs you posted and the rest of recommendations
Glad you enjoyed them Eleanor. IMO the best APP albums are in order Gaudi, Ammonia Avenue, Eve, Eye in the Sky, Pyramid, I Robot, Stereotomy, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Vulture Culture and let's not forget his solo albums - Try Anything Once and On Air are great albums.

I would also suggest Supertramp, if you're unfamiliar with them...
Spoiler for Supertramp songs: