Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #1798 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
easy to understand the incentive behind lubing your hand with the shower soap but that doesn't make it a solid plan for long term success
clearly for some of us telling them to hit the books is also not a solid for long term success

i went to school in the hood and they had magnet programs for things like criminal justice, nursing, jrotc. the local kids hardly entered these programs and they ended up bussing in kids from all over the county including a lot of white suburban kids to take advantage of these programs that weren't being utilized by the kids from that school's district.

meanwhile right outside the school is crack town. drug dealers making actual money. you know how many people drop out or even start selling drugs while they're still in school?

if you have no marketable skills it's a simple choice between getting **** on working at mcdonalds or walmart or making actual money doing crime. not that i know exactly what the answer is but creating a way to gain marketable skills beyond what they teach you in a classroom couldn't hurt imo.

Quote:
(I didn't do anything in high school either, but I don't even regret it anymore)
so do as i say, not as i do?
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote