Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 07:55 AM   #324 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
Judging by the bands in your list I'm wondering if you might like some of The Association. They were a mid-late 60's "Sunshine pop" band who had some good hits over a few years, then faded in the early 70's and disbanded. You've probably heard a couple of their hit songs but I'm guessing you might not be super familiar with them.

My two favorites below, both from the same album (in 1968). Both are best appreciated with the volume up really loud.

This first one was an medium-sized hit. The outro is fantastic!

This next song was only a very minor hit but it's completely beyond me why it wasn't a HUGE hit. The chorus/bridge/chorus is nothing short of spectacular. They could teach entire classes on music theory just from this song.

Quote:
Also, I just looked through this entire thread, and nobody's mentioned Donovan yet!

These next 2 songs are, in my opinion, two of the coolest songs ever written. As in, they exude a vibe of absolute coolness.

Quote:
And last for the day ... this is a crapshoot. People either loved Melanie or hated her. She has a weird voice, some people hate it, some people think it gives her songs extra personality.

^
She was a real cutie, too - something I didn't find out until a few years ago.
Hello, thank you very much!!
I had never heard any song you've posted, except Sunshine Superman by Donovan. Lol that's a catchy one, and a very cool song. By the way, Jimmy Page played in that record, right? Cause I knew the song before because of that.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote