Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:50 PM   #9987 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Meh, if you knew me you'd know I'm a wimp who hardly ever loses his temper, but yes, as time goes on and she gets harder to understand and progressively worse, it does start to strain the patience a little. The amount of times I've kicked innocent doors, growled at the cat (poor Eddie, RIP: sorry dude!), punched walls etc just to give my anger an outlet, you would not believe. She can be very frustrating. I'm sure I am, to her too, and I try to see things from her side as much as I can, but sometimes it's damned hard. She can be very obstinate and really thoughtless, though of course not all the time. For a woman of 50 she can act like a teenager or even a child at times.

I worry about how much longer I can realistically look after her at home, and what would happen if/when the time comes. I know it would kill her pretty quickly, and I know I would never forgive myself, so I try to ensure she stays at home as long as I can possibly manage it. Luckily I have my writing to occupy my energy when I'm frustrated, but having nobody to talk to or vent to can be hard. Still, it could be worse.
Feeling angry/frustrated/anxious is entirely normal under the circumstances. I don't want to embarrass you - but I think you're an absolute saint and I admire you very much.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote