Music Banter - View Single Post - Walking After Midnight: Vampires in Myth and Media
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Big Rice fan of course, also Brian Lumley (two very different vampire authors) but I've never heard of Hellsing. You'll have to link me, but I expect it's more recent, and I'm starting from the eighteenth century so, you know, might take some time...
1. I was big into Rice in my late teens/early 20s but I'm more mixed on her now. I still love the universe she created though.

2. I just read the first Necroscope novel and remember nothing about it. I think I remember it being... okay.

3. Hellsing is only twenty years old and I figure you've never seen anime in your life.

4. You know you can skip around right? There's something to be said for the reader being excited cause they don't know what you're gonna do next vs waiting for you to slog through two hundred years of content that may or may not be of any interest to anyone but people who are into creepy nerd clubs where people wear capes and don't even have the balls to exchange blood.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote