Music Banter - View Single Post - Newest forum adventure
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
ift
Groupie

Default Newest forum adventure

Hey hey

ift is an abbreviation for Ian from Tampa, an old handle on a now dead skating messageboard. I’ve been pretty heavily involved in forum communities starting there in the late 90s, with an Animal Collective forum in the mid 2000s, and on a few iterations of fancy beer hobbyist/trading forums. The blade forum died and was pretty much phased out by Facebook groups, and I’ve stopped drinking and was hoping to replace the beer forum activities with something I still like to nerd out about.

My dad, a radio I got my my 8th birthday, and skate culture got me a bit deeper than most into music, but I’ve never been the fully encyclopedic type. I’ve dipped into lots of genres over the years, had a brief stint at a college radio station, and I try to avoid complacency as I get deeper into my 30s. Finding new music is always a good inspiration for making amateur skate videos of myself and friends, making playlists to trade with people or for road trips...

Hopefully I’ll have something to offer here, so let’s see how this goes. Different niche hobbies and each forum tend to have their own particularities, so feel free to dunk on me until I fall in line or abandon ship.
ift is offline   Reply With Quote