Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 09:36 AM   #74213 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Ah yes, everyone knows only WOMEN care about FOLDING their linens.
Now you're thinking like a man. We don't care about that ****. Our CDs/DVDs obsessively arranged in alphabetical or artist or chronological order, yes. Comics arranged by superhero and/or crossover, certainly. Tasks arranged in decreasing order of desire to perform, without question.

But sheets folded? No way. We got guy stuff to do!

True story: although we don't use fitted sheets, at least on Karen's bed, where they're changed every day (we don't use fitted ones because when the bed is an orthopaedic one, and moves up and down, the sheet just tends to keep pinging off) I used to have a novel way of storing sheets, duvets, covers, bedspreads, pillow covers etc in the hot press.

I would punch them until the whole spongy mass of cloth would be flat enough to allow the doors to close, then quickly pull my hand out and slam the door before the advancing mass had time to push its way back out. Meant the next time I opened the doors they'd all leap out on me and I'd end up covered in sheets, towels, various items of clothing long forgotten, quilts etc, but it still beat folding the damn things!