Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 05:11 PM   #74246 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
My judgement is definitely coloured by my view of heterosexual relationships, and of course people will drift apart, but the fact that these nagging wife/mancaveman dynamics emerge is a gender role issue. And if you can't work it out and have that particular attitude towards each other (like the typical case of woman pestering man and complaining to her friends, man escaping and making sexist jokes about his wife/women in general at the bar) I think you should start questioning how much you had to offer each other in the first place.

Or for example Allen Ginsberg whining about how women chain you up and inhibit you in Howl. If men can be companions while you have your adventures and endeavours without stopping you, why not women? You're just picking someone incompatible because you're looking for someone to do your laundry.
I find it interesting that you have such strong opinions on heterosexual relationships specifically, since presumably you have very little experience in that regard.

Also, you did say you related to the patrice bit I posted... Exactly how did you relate? You said you're more like a man so you relate but now you day heterosexual relationships are stunted by gender roles... Yet the extent to which you relate is the extent to which those gender roles also creep into same sex relationships.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote