Music Banter - View Single Post - Frontiers of Imagination: The History of Science Fiction and Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 05:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

@ Batty: I kind of thought after I had wrote that, that this isegai thing might be specifically Japanese. I'll read up on it.

As for King Arthur, the thing about that is I can split that between this journal and my mythology one, but I will be doing more than skimming it certainly. At the same time, as I'm sure you understand and will give me no credit for, there is so much fantasy and sf around it would be impossible to go deep into any of it in the course of the limited human life span, so I can't promise to write a treatise on the Green Knight or Merlin or Excalibur or Uther, but I will do my best to take a good stab at it. I mean, you could ask the same question about the 1001 Nights: would I love to individually critique and review every story in it? Sure I would. But they'd be nailing the lid down and I still wouldn't be half done if I were to attempt that, to say nothing of my many other journals, and more to come. This is why I've provided links so people can read up on subjects that I mention here that interest them, but which I haven't the time to delve too deeply into.

Nevertheless, this is just a basic timeline and I will be going into more detail when I come to the subject in question, though not everything will be able to get the Full Trollheart, as you can appreciate.

Stay tuned.