Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 04:05 AM   #346 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
That's so cool that you're reading Dickens. He is God, indeed. We're currently (I read to my sister, who is bed bound with MS and unable to see enough to read) on Little Dorrit, which I think we're coming up on the end of.

We've read and enjoyed

The Old Curiosity Shop
Great Expectations
David Copperfield
Nicholas Nickleby
Bleak House (one of my favourites)
Martin Chuzzlewit (hated that; well, just bored with it and did not finish it)
A Tale of Two Cities
Oliver Twist
Hard Times

It's fantastic that you're writing poetry - you know there's a section here where you can post yours if you want don't you? I too would echo Marie's comments on PE; unless you want to be a professional athlete, screw PE. There are more important things in this world.
1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about that.
2. I'll probably read Nicholas Nickleby next.
3. Well, the problem is they're in Spanish (writing poetry in English is difficult), however I've followed Marie's advice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
If you follow the blue arrow in the post I quoted above the dot you'll get to read some glorious rap battles
and the topics aren't really similar to the ones I usually write about
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I recognize the ethnic distinction between those who run the mile test in PE and those who walk it.
Again: ??????????????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Always good to see you around, ER! So sorry to hear about your perforated eardrum, though; wishing you a complete recovery and I hope you're playing piano again soon. Glad you're keeping up with Dickens and writing poetry in the meantime. I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you so much !
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote