Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #74339 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

There goes the mystery of where boxes come from. They've bounced me around from machine to machine so I have had to work with machines that used the big cylindrical dye cutters you see half way through the video... The ones with the spinning cylinders that have boards with blades and sponges on them... They call them dye boards and they have to be bolted onto this giant spinning metallic cylinder thing... In between orders since each order has its own print plates and dye boards.

But the machine I'm on now doesn't cut nor print anything. It just folds and glues pre cut and printed (or laminated) pieces of corrugated cardboard into the final product which companies order and put into their own box machines which take the flattened boxes and turn them into actual boxes to put their products in.

Ironically, the folder gluer is actually newer and more high tech than the dye cutters I mentioned previously. It's an insanely mundane product to make but it is honestly pro astonishing to me how much technology goes into folding a ****ing box together. This is not exactly the same same machine I work on but it's similar.

jwb is offline   Reply With Quote