Music Banter - View Single Post - Gang of Four
Thread: Gang of Four
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 11:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Yeah it's strange how the brain works, that song does nothing for me. I guess I just need a strong hook or some kind of melody to really grab me. They didn't really make any (to my knowledge or in my opinion). Such is the nature of post-punk I guess. :/

The closest they came I think is with Damaged goods.

It's funky and kind of fun but for me even this isn't hugely memorable. My brain just looks for more melody I guess, which is what the mid 00s "hipster bandwagon bands" managed to do.
They have plenty of strong hooks. Hooks out the ass. They're in no way a difficult or complicated band tbh. They're kind of basic when it comes to being pretentious actually. I didn't respond to them strongly the first time I heard them but then the next time it clicked easily. Sometimes it just takes getting used to something. Of course maybe your taste is simply unrefined due to listening to glorified pop music for years like 2000s indie pop and fancying yourself an officionado when you were never anything more than a pleb. But here's the catchiest song ever anyway.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote