Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 11:26 AM   #74472 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Obviously. I feel like my own post includes these apprehensions. An exciting robot apocalypse to destroy all humans remains pretty stupid though lol

Say, you know who else thought that having advanced intelligence beyond supposedly inferior humans would naturally end in genocide?
I didn't see that apprehension in your post tbh. I saw you saying here's some other ways that might be more likely for us to kill ourselves with technology, and seemingly dismissing the idea that we could potentially end up creating an àgent that we have compete with through AI. Maybe I was misreading you.

The Hollywood rendition of robot apocalypse is not the only way AI can wipe us out. They can simply out compete us the way we do to other species all the time. Nothing exciting or sexy or Hollywood about that. When you get time I would really like to hear your thoughts on the case Jaan Tallin makes for it being a threat worth taking seriously.

It's a long video but you really don't need to watch the whole thing to get the gist. Can probably skip the first 10 minutes or so and then just listen for a good 20-30 minutes to get the basic gist of why he views it as an existential threat.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote