Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Covid Vaccine Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 04:57 AM   #96 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah I get that. I've been an essential worker who no government cared about this entire ****ing time and have been a sacrificial lamb for capitalism for an entire year. Rationality for fear of Covid is something I probably understand far better than you do. It's hard to take things seriously when you specifically aren't affected by it through sheer luck. It starts to feel academic even when friends tell you that they have actually been affected by Covid when you haven't.

But if you're saying "Well I haven't been affected so it's cool if I go to this family gathering cause it just doesn't feel real and I can't take the isolation so I'm just gpnna ignore it to make myself feel better" then that's just privilege. All you're doing is saying that feeling bad not going to Christmas is more important than the chance that your Covid dice might come up wrong. I know jwb isn't capable of realizing that **** cause he's a self absorbed prick but you should be better than that and so should WWWP.
I really get that. But I actually haven't been prioritising seeing people irl at all (just look at how active I am online ffs). To be precise I've only done so twice, both times to stay with my family for a while. I don't think that was the right decision morally, although I'm not sure it's very wrong either (there were complicating factors) but that wasn't a decision I made lightly, in the way you're presenting it. You're free to judge it how you like of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote