Music Banter - View Single Post - Your hopes and dreams?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 06:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Meh, it's not a problem but I would confine your hopes and dreams to things you believed you might be able to achieve, had an interest in or talent for. I would never, for instance, have dreamed I would be a professional footballer, a rally driver or a horse trainer, as I had no interest in or capacity for those things. I did enjoy reading and writing from an early age (about seven) so I think it was a legitimate, as in, potentially achievable* dream to have.

We all dreamed we would be astronauts or fire-fighters or the president or whatever, and marry the most beautiful girl/handsomest guy in the world, make our fortune and live in luxury. But that's not what I'd call an achievable dream for most of us. Yes, they're all dreams but I'm talking here more about "when I grow up I hope to be" rather than "wouldn't it be amazing if..."

* given the right self-discipline, sacrifice, and of course the inevitable and vital lucky break that turns an aspiring author into an earning, even best-selling one.