Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #74681 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Okay, I'm not getting involved in this, but I do have to say this. I am deeply disappointed in the level of modship here. I have always believed that mods should hold themselves to a higher standard than us, otherwise what is the point in them trying to settle disputes and so on, but here I see none of that.

I understand that two people have very deep feelings about the subjects being discussed, but I see a four-way personal attack here - Addidas/JWB, Addidas/Frownland, Frownland/Addidas and Marie/Addidas. Possibly even more permutations. The point is that I expect - and I think we all expect - mods to knock this kind of behaviour on the head and restore some sort of calm, but that's not what's happening here. Mods - not even just one mod but two - are fanning the flames, contributing to the drama in a very negative way, when they should be stopping it.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, what I am saying is that this very much contravenes our rules, is a blatant and as I said above almost four-way personal attack, involving people who should know and do better, and it's become a serious embarrassment. Others are probably sitting back and enjoying the hypocrisy here, but it's setting a terrible example.

I'm particularly disappointed with you, Marie: I always felt you were a level-headed person who wouldn't allow herself to get drawn into these sort of circular arguments which go nowhere as nobody is prepared to meet halfway or just agree to disagree, but you've been pouring gasoline on the fire just like Frown has.

Mods should be able to shelve their personal feelings and say enough is enough; that's what you're paid the big money for. It's, to me, shameful to see you both allow yourselves be dragged down - or indeed, drag yourselves down - to the level of common baiting, namecalling and sniping we should perhaps expect from some members, but not mods.

After all, if we can't rely on mods to keep order and not be drawn into these petty arguments, things like this will go on forever. The hypocrisy is that were this a subject you were not invested in, with different people, the chances are it would have been shut down long ago. You can't, or you shouldn't be able to, pick and choose when to mod and when not. You can take your mod hat off, of course, to join in general discussions, but when it comes to personal nasty attacks you're expected to put on that mod hat and wade in.

I'm sure it doesn't matter to anyone, but the way this has been handled is, to me, an embarrassment for the forum, an indictment of poor modship (which I would normally balk at levelling at at least Marie, but here I can't) and overall a real disappointment to me personally.

That's all I have to say. Hate mail to the usual address.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote