Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 08:33 PM   #2121 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Ok thanks. I was looking into Brother, I never heard about that company and saw some recommendations popping up. Weird name for a Japanese company. I'll check out their products, I'm looking maybe for something less bulky.

Btw, 170 euros for a laser all in one seems VERY cheap.
Brother have been around for decades. They're one of the top and most trusted names in laser printers. By the way, I checked back. It was 2018 but yeah, actual price was Euro 159. Actually Harvey Norman in Ireland today have a colour one for EUR 259 and a decent black one for 99.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/index.ph...roducts.search

And yes, mine scans, prints, copies and (if needed) faxes too.

They're not as big and bulky as they look. Heavy, yes, slightly larger than say an Epson inkjet. Quiet - just hums when printing and when not in use completely silent. Doesn't seem to get hot, though I make sure not to have mine up against any walls or anything. No paper jams so far after two years of use, have replaced the toner cartridge once (may have to again soon as I've recently printed almost a thousand pages). No issues with clarity; perfectly sharp, clear script and pictures with no fading, blurring, ink running, nothing.

If you decide to go for the colour version I would just point out that colour cartridges are a lot more expensive, though if you can afford it I expect the results would be stunning.