Music Banter - View Single Post - Trumpery!
Thread: Trumpery!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #206 (permalink)
Indrid Cold
Groupie

Republicans have destroyed the office of president. I know the dems want to restore decorum but I don't see the point of it. What is the point of dems making their own president crawl through hell on broken glass if he commits even a minor indiscretion if the republicans are just going to ignore it if their president does it? You have to be able to force decorum on the other party's president. If you can't, there is no point to enforcing it on your own president. It's like a vestigial evolutionary trait that some animal keeps performing in spite of the fact that there is no need to do it anymore. It serves no purpose and may even be inimical to that animal's survival.

But, of course, the problem is that when neither party is bothering to observe decorum or enforce the law, then our government is dead and the only people in charge will be the biggest, strongest crooks. Trump has taken us a huge step in that direction (but the republican party enabled and encouraged it). I don't know if we can step back again.
Indrid Cold is offline   Reply With Quote