Music Banter - View Single Post - Amon Duul II
Thread: Amon Duul II
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Tanz Der Lemminge (1971)

1. Syntelman's March of the Roaring Seventies (L) – singer sounds a little like Bowie, and this mainly prog-folk suite is divided into 4 sections. Plenty of interesting and inventive music throughout.

2.Restless Skylight-Transistor-Child (L) – another suite of songs, with only two of the ten sections having vocals – and that’s it with the vocals on this largely instrumental album. Some good riffs, coupled with violin and sitar soloing makes an excellent, sustained musical excursion, sounding more structured, less improvised than the long jams on the previous albums.

3. The Marilyn Monroe-Memorial-Church (L) – swirling ambient music enlivened at one point with some jazzy piano trills, you have to be in a specially receptive or exalted mood to like this track, I think. In the middle there are some surprisingly aggressive drums – as if reprimanding anyone who has fallen asleep. So, yeah, a bit like church.

4. Chewing Gum Telegram (S) – with its solid beat and lead guitar (with wah-wah pedal, maybe) it comes as a welcome relief after the MMM Church, but it's not, in itself, particularly interesting.
5. Stumbling over Melted Moonlight (S) – similar, but better, than the previous track
6 Toxicological Whispering (A) – a languid bluesy guitar work out closes the album on a high note.