Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 03:05 PM   #10191 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
4. What is your most memorable wild animal encounter?

I was on a hike when a big black rattlesnake rattled at me from under some weeds on the side of the trail. The sight of a pissed off snake is disturbing on a really deep instinctual level and my lizard brain took over with a surge of caveman panic. I ran about a half mile away until I tripped, fell, and realized I was safe.

Bonus recent encounter: I was outside with my runt shiba inu Leo when a hawk swooped in after him. Before I could even register what was happening, a murder of crows came in and started fighting off the hawk. A second hawk came in to defend his friend they all duked it out right over our heads. They all flew off but I'm pretty sure the crows won. I rewarded them with trail mix.
That's cool..I also was impressed by seeing a hawk up close when I first moved to NC.. I was in my mom's back yard smoking and suddenly I saw this flock of birds come over the top of the neighbors shed and then in close pursuit behind them was this massive hawk. It was pretty epic looking.

Also when I went snorkeling in Florida I saw a lobster and was impressed with how fast they are in the wild. I also pictured then being slow but as soon as it saw me out bolted under this rock really quickly. I didn't know they could move like that.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote