Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #10192 (permalink)
ando here
Music Addict

1. Do you talk/walk/snore/anything else noteworthy in your sleep?
When I'm completely relaxed I snore like a baby. The best kind of sleep.
2. What is/are your favourite Shakespeare play(s)? (splitting between comedies/tragedies allowed)
I don't have one. Much as I admire him as a playwright there isn't a single Shakespeare play that I really enjoy reading over and over. There are film versions of his plays that I do enjoy rewatching (Julius Caesar (1953)) Prospero's Books (1991)) but reading his plays are only fun when they come with copious notes and/or performance histories. Reading the text, alone, is a grim endeavor.
3. What sports have you played?
Baseball, football, track, volleyball, soccer, basketball, swimming, bowling and cricket.
4. What is your most memorable wild animal encounter?
A bear at summer camp (I think it was Bear Mountain, upstate New York, but I did summer camp at several sites) when I was about 8. A bunch of us dared each other to go toward a stretch of wood where a large bear was reported to have been seen. As we approached the passage we all heard a growling sound and started running. Of course, I fell, but sat absolutely still - I suppose I must have been in semi-shock - as a large brown bear came over to me, sniffed and sauntered away. Nobody believed me when I got back to the camp area.
5. Who is your favourite Spice Girl?
Never paid much attention to them. I preferred the Slice Girls -

6. How adept are you at carpenting/woodworking?
Never attempted it. Would like to get into pottery, though.