Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 10:16 PM   #13050 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Finished Unravel 2.

Looking at the trailer now, it's possible it's more fun to play it with someone else. As a solo game, it's an ok puzzle platformer, mostly about solving puzzles and jumping around, no fights or anything. The puzzles are ok, if you get stuck there is help so it doesn't ever get very frustrating. There were additional levels but it didn't really attract me enough to play them. Graphics are ok. There was some kind of a story going on in the background, couldn't figure out what it was about, seemed like ghosts of kids, not sure if family or friends, mostly in some kind of negative situations so not sure if this is some kind of healing after trauma game or what. It was mostly lost on me.

Let's say 3.5/5.

Moving on to Tearaway unfolded.

Media molecule games are so creative (creators of Little big planet 1 and 2). I'm a little hesitant to get Dreams because it seems centered on creating, which they started with in LBP but I never used that feature since I'm not creative at all. Hmmm...
Hey Adi, just wanted to let you know - I bought Dreams recently and love it. And I don't create ****. I just play other people's stuff - and it's a blast. Especially with friends and a few drinks. It's even more surprising and varied than any LBP game ever was (and I liked those games).

One example - the entire beginning sequence of the PC game 'Titanic Adventuer Out Of Time' (a staple of my childhood) was recreated convincingly in Dreams - it's downright awesome. Totally worth $20.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote