Music Banter - View Single Post - How to Podcast?
Thread: How to Podcast?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Currently fooling around with the idea of transcribing some of my history journals as podcasts, but it looks a little daunting. Has anyone done a podcast, and if so, is it difficult/expensive/worth doing? Any tips or help appreciated.
I do record my own because getting friends to do it with you almost never works out. I record in some third-party "came with the computer" software. Save it as an mp4 and upload it to Audacity.

You can probably pick up the major components of Audacity (which is free) in an afternoon. A few tips I go by:

1. If you're going to pause, or don't know what to say, hold it. It makes editing in post-production a lot easier.

2. Write down a few bullets and use those to make sure you're not going way off the rails. If you're bad at that, get a moderator.

3. There are tons of free sites that have free music for podcasts. Use those. Do not attempt to snip your favorite tune.

4. When trying to build an audience, you want to start as niche as possible. There are hundreds of History podcasts out there. Why would someone listen to yours? Because they want more details on X. Do that. Play to your strengths.