Music Banter - View Single Post - How to Podcast?
Thread: How to Podcast?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Currently fooling around with the idea of transcribing some of my history journals as podcasts, but it looks a little daunting. Has anyone done a podcast, and if so, is it difficult/expensive/worth doing? Any tips or help appreciated.
Usually "transcribe" means writing down or typing out what you hear. eg you were busy transcribing a Joe Rogan podcast last night. It goes from audio to printed form, not the other way around. You wouldn't say that the prime minister is "transcribing" the teleprompter during his speech.

You know you'll have to read what you wrote, right? I suggest keeping a glass of water, throat lozenges handy - cause you'll be doing a lot of talking. You don't want to sound parched half way through.

You will want a sponge or screen for your microphone. The sponge/screen acts like a filter for those unwanted popping sounds by blocking excessive air coming from plosives especially bilabial plosives.

Use contractions as often as possible as you often do in conversations with other people. Unless when you want to stress something, then don't use contractions. Bypass the contractive form and use vibrato and cadence in your speech to punctuate the importance of what you are saying. eg "The Irish king should not have crossed the leprechauns."

Don't just read what you wrote. Know what you are saying when you are saying it at every given moment. Be wrapped up in the story you are telling. If not it will sound monotonous, just a bland recital of words.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote