Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 08:40 PM   #6041 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Yeah. You don't have to be a homophobic rapper you just have to be even remotely famous. If you wanna pay your condolences then do so instead of lecturing us for not mourning someone we've never heard of pal. And why drag DMX into it again? The **** did DMX ever do to jim whatshisface??? tsk tsk
Just cos you've never heard of Steinman doesn't mean nobody has. I had no clue - still don't - who DMX is/was, but quite clearly the only reason he got so much coverage here was due to addidass's decision that he was going to rake him over the coals about his homophobic lyrics. It's nothing against DMX, just a reaction to Batty's flippant comment which implies nobody knew who Steinman was, which I assure you people certainly did.

I reckon had adi not gone on his rant there would have been a post or two about BMX sorry DMX and that would have been it. My point being that unless you're ****ing HUGE like Prince or Bowie, you need to have done or been accused of having done something controversial for people to take notice. Rostasi posts eulogies to people here all the time whom I don't know - mostly jazz guys I guess - and nobody acknowledges them, or very seldom anyway. I just feel for a talent like Steinman to pass and nobody know or care, but a rapper who I didn't know (and why would I? I know sod-all about the hip of the hop) to get so much coverage annoys me a little. Probably would not have had it not been for Batty's sarcasm, which really was uncalled for, but that's Batty for you.

Say hello to the Fake OH for us next time you're in work by the way.