Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 11:44 PM   #6043 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Just cos you've never heard of Steinman doesn't mean nobody has. I had no clue - still don't - who DMX is/was, but quite clearly the only reason he got so much coverage here was due to addidass's decision that he was going to rake him over the coals about his homophobic lyrics. It's nothing against DMX, just a reaction to Batty's flippant comment which implies nobody knew who Steinman was, which I assure you people certainly did.

I reckon had adi not gone on his rant there would have been a post or two about BMX sorry DMX and that would have been it. My point being that unless you're ****ing HUGE like Prince or Bowie, you need to have done or been accused of having done something controversial for people to take notice. Rostasi posts eulogies to people here all the time whom I don't know - mostly jazz guys I guess - and nobody acknowledges them, or very seldom anyway. I just feel for a talent like Steinman to pass and nobody know or care, but a rapper who I didn't know (and why would I? I know sod-all about the hip of the hop) to get so much coverage annoys me a little. Probably would not have had it not been for Batty's sarcasm, which really was uncalled for, but that's Batty for you.

Say hello to the Fake OH for us next time you're in work by the way.
batlords comment was after yours as far as I can see. You went straight into whining that nobody mentioned dudes death before batlord said anything which once again... If he was that big people would probably be talking about him. I never heard of him. And I don't care that you never heard of DMX nor would I have expected you to.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote