Music Banter - View Single Post - Vinyl Memories
Thread: Vinyl Memories
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 05:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_Geoff View Post
Um, don't the majority of members here listen to vinyl currently?
Do they? News to me. I know Rostasi and Innerspaceboy do, but other than that I was not aware. Anyway it's not about listening to vinyl now, it's about how it was back then, when that was your only choice. Now, if you want to, you can choose CD, digital download, YouTube, Spotify, whatever. Back then, you listened to albums on vinyl or you didn't listen to albums (except on cassette tape). They're the kind of memories I'm trying to evoke: a time when vinyl was king, when vinyl was a necessity, not a choice.

Dianne: quelle belle collection! (or something) - very nice. I think I have about 450 albums in all, none of which have been played in the last ten years, not since the Great Crash of '02 - literally: my shelf containing my CD player, turntable, amp, speakers and CD Recorder came off the wall and everything fell on the floor. Nothing was actually broken (I think the perspex lid on my record player got a crack in it, but nothing more than that) but I never bothered putting the shelf back up, and shortly afterwards I started playing music digitally and that was the end of that. Bought a USB turntable in about, I don't know, 2010 maybe? It's still in its box.